If you live in Milwaukee or Phoenix, are a self-starter, are passionate about Apple products and have the right skill set, you will have the opportunity to work out of our datacenter in Milwaukee or Phoenix. Contact us for more information.
macOS Systems Engineer – Full Time – Salary Position
This role is an opportunity for an engineer with a passion for macOS and Linux to develop and deploy solutions for a large range of customers in a data center environment. We have full-time openings for Mac Systems Engineers that allow for flexible hours and growth. You must already live in the area or be willing to relocate for this position. If you live in Milwaukee or Phoenix, are a self-starter, are passionate about Apple products, and have the right skill set, you will have the opportunity to work out of our data center in Milwaukee or Phoenix. Contact us for more information.
What is a Mac Systems Engineer?
A Mac Systems Engineer works with customers to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-level Mac infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot Mac hardware/software/OS issues with customers via support tickets and phone
- Communicate timely updates and clear information directly to customers
- Participate in automating deployment of macOS-based systems
- Install and maintain supporting infrastructure, such as macOS caching servers, DNS servers, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with team members
- Contribute to internal and customer-facing knowledge bases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of hands-on macOS 10.15/11.x/12.x/13.x administration experience
- Apple ACSP/ACITP or equivalent knowledge level
- Understanding of basic data center infrastructure technologies (DNS, web servers, etc)
- Basic understanding of networks, including firewalls, switches, routers, etc
- A creative and entrepreneurial passion
- Self-motivation under minimal supervision and strong attention to detail
- Located or willing to relocate within commuting distance to Milwaukee or Phoenix metro areas
ATTENTION: We want to hear from you even if you don’t meet a few of the requirements. Our main goal is to hire an engineer that is willing to challenge themselves and learn. CyberLynk has a lot to offer, and your daily tasks will keep you engaged and working on various projects, so life never gets boring. Apply today, and let’s have a conversation.
- Experience with macOS/Linux bash/zsh command line
- Experience with macOS virtualization
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti/Cisco/Fortigate firewalls, switches, access points, and controllers
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent real-world experience
- A+, CCNA, Windows/Linux Certifications
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds, Cacti, etc.
- Experience with version control systems such as Github, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack or Microsoft Teams
- Experience with documentation tools such as Confluence, IT Glue, etc.
- Experience with email hosting and troubleshooting (SMTP, IMAP, etc.)
Attitude & Work Ethic:
- Possess a positive, proactive attitude
- Strong technical orientation
- Ability to think clearly in stressful situations
- Ability to logically troubleshoot
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to provide clear explanations of technical-related issues to non-technical users and coach users through basic technical troubleshooting and resolution steps
- Have strong organization and prioritization skills, including proactive tracking of open issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including remote customer support and through the use of the telephone and ticket system
- The ability to manage your time and prioritize issues without being micro-managed
- The ability to pick up on new tech as it develops and be eager to do so
- The know-how to “Google” an issue and solve it by trying first before asking for help
- The wherewithal to know if something is out of your scope of knowledge and be willing to reach out for help
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- 100% company paid health care premiums
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Paid training
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Flexible work schedule and work-from-home opportunities.
- Unlimited advancement opportunity
CyberLynk seeks candidates with a positive attitude, excellent problem-solving skills, a demonstrated ability to triage and prioritize tasks, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Our engineers work with the public and need to represent us in a positive and professional manner.
If you are a team player that thinks outside of the box, if you are motivated, a self-starter, and can perform daily functions without supervision, CyberLynk is looking for you!
CyberLynk is a data center and ISP company that was founded in 1995. At CyberLynk, we try to create a positive ‘entrepreneurial’ working environment and motivate ‘out of the box’ thinking. CyberLynk operates MacMiniVault.com as well as other hosting brands. We are looking for engineers with a passion for Macs that also have deep-rooted command-line skills and at least some exposure to Linux.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your interest in working for Mac Mini Vault. We look forward to hearing from you!
CyberLynk is locally owned and operated and is an equal-opportunity employer.